Book publishing companies play a significant role in bringing books to your home. We often see the name of the publisher of the book we are reading. However, hardly few of us realize the contribution of publishers in our education and knowledge. Today, publishers develop and distribute printed or electronic content in the form of magazines, books, newspaper, web content, etc. Big and established publishers look out for the writers who develop worthy content that could be published and marketed amongst the readers.Some authors become self-publishers too and this is a growing trend. It means that an author keeps the copyright of the content he has written and gets it published with the publisher of his choice and takes the responsibility of marketing his book. There are several advantages and some of them are listed below: Continue reading
The CAT examination 2015 has two different sections. The first section has questions from Data interpretation and from Quantitative aptitude. The second section has questions from Logical reasoning and from verbal ability. The questions that are from quantitative aptitude are from areas in mathematics such as arithmetic, algebra, geometry and other areas. The questions that are from data interpretation are from areas such as graphs, venn diagrams, tables and Maths based case studies. In the second section the questions that will be asked from Verbal ability will be from reading comprehension, critical reasoning, sentence correction and paragraph jumbles. In this section the questions that will be asked from Logical reasoning will be asked from binary logic, game based, relation based and logical connectives. Continue reading
You know that mortifying feeling you get when you have to make yet another apology or excuse for forgetting someone’s name, an important document, what someone was saying, or better yet, what you were just saying? That all too familiar heat that spreads all over your face and makes you wonder if your cheeks are as red as they feel or if anyone else can hear your heart pounding? That feeling comes from feeling mentally cloudy and emotionally flustered. This can lead to a huge loss in confidence, which has a profound effect on the quality of one’s work. If this experience is familiar to you, you could definitely benefit from following these 5 simple steps to improve cognitive performance.
- Get organized. One of the most efficient ways to clear the clutter in your brain is to clear the clutter in your life. From your home, to your car, to your office, to your purse. If you do not make a habit of keeping these spaces clean, organized and clear of clutter, you will find yourself wasting tons of precious time looking for lost objects and important documents. And let’s face it, if you can’t find the things that you need, you will constantly feel distracted, frustrated and riddled with anxiety.
- Take breaks. If you find yourself losing steam but wanting to charge forward with a project, you may be working harder rather than smarter. By taking short breaks to walk around, get the blood flowing, breathe fresh air, and stimulate the senses, you will find that your 5-10 minute break could speed up your productivity dramatically.
- Write things down. No matter how confident you feel that you will remember something, write it down. Just keep a small scratch pad with you at all times and make a habit of writing down everything you find important. Whether or not you ever read it again, the act of writing it down will print the information far more effectively in your brain. And if you still don’t remember, you know where to find it.
- Be punctual. One of the best ways to embarrass one’s self is by being late. People who are chronically late often feel an overwhelming sense of shame from the moment they walk in the door and their emotional state can have a profound impact on their performance. From lacking necessary materials to missing out on announcements, there’s no way to feel confident and clear-minded when you fail to arrive on time. Arriving just 5-10 minutes earlier can make a world of difference when it comes to both your emotional state and your mental performance.
- Train your brain. These days it can be hard to find the time to exercise our bodies, let alone our brains. Luckily, LearningRX has developed a wide host of brain training exercises that are proven to increase cognitive function. If you’re skeptical, you can always go online and read the LearningRX-Reviews written by an array of customers. The results speak for themselves, so what are you waiting for?
One of the main problems of school education is that, because of the urgent need to meet an increasingly closed curriculum, offer students something that they have neither defendant nor have any interest in learning.
This is the cause for much of the effort and energy of teachers is lost in getting to motivate students and show them that what they learn is of any use to them. What it is not paradoxical because curiosity is one of the most defining characteristics of children and adolescents and the real engine of learning. What then is the problem? Why we are not able to make the school’s curiosity of the students? Continue reading
Learning math doesn’t come naturally to most children. it requires a lot of patience and a lot of work. Most math problems, or learning difficulties in general, can be solved by developing your child’s memory for basic equations. Once they understand these equations, they will learn to apply them to a number of different things. If your child is struggling with math, then it’s your job, as a parent to help them develop these skill sets in order to excel in life. Here are a few tips on how to help your child learn math at home. Continue reading
There is an increasing number of working professionals who take a two-year break to enroll in a full-time MBA programme. Oftentimes, the toughest decision they make is to step away from their full-time jobs. While bagging an MBA will surely add weight to one’s career, taking a break is not aviable option, usually. Continue reading
It’s summer and for just over two months classrooms will be closed for vacation. Schools and colleges are emptied of students but teachers work … (at least most of them) advantage to form, for recycling, to take stock of progress and to prepare the next.
Close classrooms but education does vacation because not only educates school but also educate family, friends, the media, social networks … the “curious” task list for summer teacher Italian these days of social networks and the media echo is a beautiful example of this. Continue reading
To understand how the education they need is necessary to know what they say “great” thinkers of our time. His words are the stars that should show us the way. Here I present some quotes that as a GPS, will help you not miss on your educational journey:
Zygmunt Bauman: “Forget completely and quickly outdated and stale customs information may be more important to the future success memorizing past moves and build strategies based on prior learning.” Continue reading
“It is fascinating to note that the two brain structures that are long term primarily responsible for memory are located in the emotional area of the brain.” David A. Sousa: Educational Neuroscience.
I have said on other entries in this blog (Emotional education: learning to feel and educate is exciting, educating is to move) that emotions play a key role in learning. Every day I am more convinced how important is what is taught and how to teach it. Continue reading
“Bored at the right time is a sign of intelligence.” – Clifton Paul Fadiman
Education as parents and teachers we offer our children and students may not be equal to that we offered them a decade ago. Continue reading