Being a student can give employment benefits… Many companies seek to offer students work…
Not all job offers require experience, many are aimed at students. Leverage the benefits of some of these opportunities come later, when participating in the process for a position, your resume is more complete than the other candidates.
1. Internships: It consists of a formative labor exercise focused on students of last semesters and recent graduates to learn more about the world of work, developing own activities in your area.
- Who can perform? Students from 6th semester
- Are they mandatory? No, usually in schools and recommend them may even give extra credit to improve the grade in any subject. In careers as medicine or dentistry, however, they are called residences themselves are required to graduate.
- Do you pay a salary? It is common for compensation or financial support be provided to cover transportation costs and food.
- Have curricular value? Yes, they count as work experience and you can get a letter of recommendation.
2. Social Service: According to UNAM social service is a temporary and compulsory activity that allows students to consolidate their academic training, practice their skills and make them serve their community, giving back to society upbringing.
- Who can do it? Students from the 7th semester or have covered 70% of their claims.
- Is it compulsory? Yes, it is a requirement for your professional title.
- Do you pay a salary? No, as a service to society not pay.
- Do you have curricular value? Yes, you can include it on your resume as part of your professional experience.
3. Vacancies for Scholars and Trainees. It consists of a temporary job, paid for students or recent graduates seeking employment opportunities for professionals with little experience.
- Who can do it? The companies hire students from past semesters and recent graduates.
- Is it compulsory? No
- Do you pay any wages? Yes, salaries depend on the industry, some companies operate as hotbeds of talent, offering a permanent position in the organization when the fellowship contract is terminated.
- Do you have curricular value? Absolutely, is perhaps the job reference with more weight in the curriculum of a student or young professional.